Converting an unused loft is a fantastic way to add an additional room to your home, whilst also adding value to your property at the same time.
Rooms in the loft make for attractive living space and are very popular. With sloping ceilings and skylight windows, loft conversions can enhance your home by creating different and interesting areas to work, sleep & live.
Prestige For Your Home, working with local architects and building control offer the full design and build service to create the loft conversion In Northampton of your dreams.
We will deal with all aspects of the loft conversion from planning to the final decoration. A member of our team will always be on hand to answer any questions you may have throughout the conversion.
The Loft Conversion Process
To give you a fixed price for your Northamptonshire loft conversion we will need architectural drawings and structural engineers calculations. If you don't have these yet we can still come out and assess the suitability of your loft for conversion, run through you ideas and add some of our own so you make the most of the extra space you desire. From that we will be able to give you a guide line price for the works.
If you don't have architectural drawings which we need to provide you with a fixed price quotation, we arrange for an architect to visit you and provide the drawings. At this stage they will also asses whether you will need planning permission for the proposed loft conversion.
After we have a copy of the drawings we will then provide you with a detailed fixed price quotation.
After the quotation is accepted we will then submit a planning application if necessary.
At the same time we will submit your building notice, which informs the local authority of the impending works. The building inspector will come out and check the works during the conversion allowing for the final building certificate to be issued at the end of the loft conversion Northampton.
When all of the paperwork is sorted and submitted then the construction work can start.
- Firstly scaffolding will be supplied.
- We will create an opening in the roof for access.
- Fit the structural steel support beams for the floor and ridge where deemed necessary.
- Create dormer if required.
- Fit the new floor joists.
- Complete all the work on the dormer, including the roof and cladding.
- Create stud walls to form the loft rooms.
- First fix electrics and plumbing.
- Insulate the loft conversion to meet building regulations.
- Fit windows.
- Fit new staircase.
- Plasterboard & Plaster the conversion.
- Second fix all electrics, plumbing & heating.
- Supply and fit doors, architrave and skirting.
- Clear away all rubbish and give the conversion and surrounding areas a full clean.
- Gain final building certificate.
- Provide 15 year guarantee.
- Loft Conversions Northampton